Policies & Etiquette
The Toowoomba Marathon encourages all entrants to read and understand its policies and etiquette before participating.
Cut Off Policy
Each race of the Toowoomba Marathon has an official cut off time in which entrants must complete their race. These cut off times are enforced so roads can be reopened to the public in accordance with event permits. These are all based off the gun time (i.e. the time when the starting gun is fired).
Sunday 5 May 2024
|Cut Off Time
|Start Line Closes
|Finish Line Closes
|9:15 mins per km
|3hrs 15 mins
|9:15 mins per km
|9:00 mins per km
|14:00 mins per km
|2km Junior Dash
|10:00 mins per km
2024 Toowoomba Marathon official cut off policy will be provided closer to event time.
- The use of headphones is discouraged in all races for the safety of all entrants.
- Always follow the directions of all race officials and emergency service personnel.
- Position yourself at the start line according to the Start Zone you nominated when completing your race entry. It is clearly printed on the front of your race number to allow a smooth start for all entrants. If you wish to run with friends/family and they are in a different Start Zone you may start in a slower zone than that printed on your race number (e.g. someone with a B Zone label may start in B, or C but not in A).
- Entrants who are walking in the 5km must start from the rear of the field.
- Please do not stop or change directions suddenly.
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
The Toowoomba Marathon will monitor race day weather conditions to determine if extreme heat or other weather conditions will have an adverse effect on entrants and associated events. Through our duty of care to our entrants, we reserve the right to indefinitely cancel or delay an event/s at short notice in the interest of entrant safety. The hot weather policy is consistent with Sport Medicine Australia’s Hot Weather Guidelines but entrants are reminded that they also have a duty of care to themselves and should only undertake the event if they are adequately prepared and medically fit.