We are pleased to offer elite starting positions in the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km Run and 5km races.
A summary of the standards required for an elite start position are outlined in the table below. These times must have been achieved on a certified course after 1 January 2022.
Applications will be accepted via your 2024 race entry.
- 10km times will be considered for the half marathon (especially for those running their half marathon debut).
- Half marathon times will be considered for the marathon (especially for those running their debut marathon).
- Submitting an elite 5km or 10km time does not meet the criteria for a place in the elite start group in the marathon.
- For Australian races, only times on Athletics Australia certified accurate courses will be accepted.
- For overseas races, the course must have been measured in accordance with World Athletics (WA) & Association of International Marathon Standards (AIMS) standards.
- All applications are completed via the race registration system.
Elite Start applications close Sunday 31 March 2024
- Elite runners will be issued with a low race number within the race number range for your race (i.e. marathon race numbers start at 1; half marathon race numbers start at 1001; 10km race numbers start at 3001; and 5km race numbers start at 4001).
- Elite runners are permitted to warm up in a designated area close to the start line prior to the start of the race and then assemble at the start line at the very front of the field.